It’s been a wonderful experience. Here’s to the next adventure!
Um, you remember that last post I wrote, about a week ago? The one where I said I was co-writing a book?
WE’VE FINISHED THE DRAFT!!!
Yes, I am rather excited. The Case of the Black Tulip(s) – still haven’t decided how many tulips there will be – is a THING!
Here are some stats:
- From start to finish, the first draft took us 20 days
- The draft is 27 chapters and just over 54,000 words long (we aimed for 50-55K so that’s great)
- My co-author Paula Harmon wrote 14 chapters (she did the first and last) and I did 13. We alternated throughout
- The last chapter sets things up VERY nicely for book 2…
- My biscuit and crisp consumption has been remarkably low, considering. I have eaten 2 caramel wafers, NO Viscounts (even though I have some in) and NO crisps in the course of writing! Then again, I’ve…
View original post 286 more words